Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Wilimington, MA
Job Type: Full-Time
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for supporting client’s systems infrastructure and applications. Primary responsibilities are to help build continuous delivery platform and to automate workflow.
Essential Position Functions
- Configuration of continuous delivery using Jenkins, Puppet, or Chef.
- Provide recommendations and guidance to the development, infrastructure and release engineering teams and help develop our release processes.
- Deploy, maintain, and monitor a reliable and efficient workflow infrastructure. Applications being deployed are written in Java and .NET.
- Design best practices for build and release process.
- Administration of Jenkins automation server.
- 5+ Years working in the IT Field.
- Must have at least ONE FULL YEAR DevOps experience.
- Experience with Jenkins automation server (Jenkins is highly preferred; however, other continuous integration tools are acceptable in lieu of Jenkins, such as Hudson or Maven)
- Experience with Chef Automate and Orchestration. Experience with either Chef or Puppet is REQUIRED.
- Experience with WebLogic, IIS and OHS Web Servers a plus
- Knowledge of Git/Github, SVN
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems. (Server environment is 100% virtualized. Heterogenous mix of Linux (25%) and Windows (75%)
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand the company's business requirements and map them to the required technology
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including documentation skills specifically with the drafting and updating of enterprise Information Security Policy & Process
- Self-motivated and organized with the ability to work with minimal supervision,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service focus.